Hi. Today I will share with you a review of the new mask I fell in love, Healing Bark Golden Tree Bark Mask. As my readers, if you read some of my posts, you will understand that I am mask lover especially clay mask. So, it thrilling to try a new mask and include it in my skincare routine.
Healing Bark Golden Tree Bark Mask
Where to purchase : I got mine from the website Healing Bark
Price : $14.99
Volume : 50g
Brand : Healing Bark
Made in : Myanmar
Packaged in : USA
Product description : Gentle calm your face and cleanse your pores for soothed refreshed skin.
- No animal testing
- No animal products
- No fragrances
- No additives
Thanaka is rich in Vitamin E which protects the cell structure of the skin fromthe damaging effects of free radicals and pollutants.
The primary active ingredients in healing bark are coumarin and marmesin. In a recent study, it was found that coumarin has powerful anti-aging, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant, and phytochemical (chemical compounds produced by plants) properties.
Deeply cleans the skin by removing the dirt and impurities often found deep within the pores.
- Alleviates temporary discomfort and redness
- Balances the skin’s natural oils
- Clarifies the skin
- Calms and cools the skin
- Creates an even, glowing complexion
- Evens out skin tone appearance
- Gently exfoliates without irritation
- Improves skin tone appearance
- Smooths uneven skin texture
- Refreshes and soothes the skin
History of Thanaka Powder
- The product is made by grinding the bark of the Limonia acidissima and Naringi crenulata trees into what is referred to as 100% natural Thanaka powder.
- It takes 3½ decades before it can be turned into a beauty product.
- Healing bark or Thanaka has been used for centuries by Burmese (Myanmar) women because they believed that it prevented the skin from showing signs of aging and helped to treat acne.
Good for : All skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin types.
Ingredient : Hesperethusa crenulata (Tanaka) bark powder
Packaging : This Healing Bark mask comes in 50 g white plastic jar.
Direction : Mix 2 teaspoons of powder with 3 teaspoons of water until the creamy paste is formed. Add more powder or water if needed. Layer on face or other area and let dry. Paste will dry in 5-10 minutes depending on layer thickness.
How I use this product : I use this mask after I’m done with double cleansing method. I love mixing it with aloe vera gel, but using hydrating toner or water will be good too. I will mix a teaspoon of the mask with a tablespoon of aloe vera and put it on my dry skin. As usual, I’ll let it on my skin 10 minutes, more or less, but of course I’ll not let it fully dry.
Fragrance : I didn’t smell any weird while using the mask, which is the bonus point here. That’s means people who are sensitive to the fragrance can freely using this mask without worry about whether they’ll be got any bad reaction to the product.
Texture : This Healing Bark Mask have a powder texture and I can adjust whether I want the thick or watery texture when mixing it up with aloe vera / water / hydrating toner / essence. The powder colour is light yellow and when we put it on the face, let the mask dry within 10-15 minutes, when I wash it off, there’s no
Irritation/Sting the eyes : I didn’t experience any of irritation like redness or anything like that when I applied this mask on my face. That means my skin love this mask. But if you got any redness or irritation when you applied on your face, please stop using it. Remember, what works on my skin might not be same as you. All of us have different skin types, what our skin condition and ingredients that works on our skin also different.
How long I have been using this product : As I write this review, it’s already been a month I’ve been trying this mask. I just use two times, sometimes I’ll use three times per week.
What I like :
- There only and only one ingredient they use, Tanaka powder, which is I didn’t get any irritation signs of using it
- I love when I can mixing it up with aloe vera and my hydrating toner, not only water.
- The cool sensation I feel on my skin when I put it on the skin and wait until it dry.
- My pores look clean and my acne scars slowly fading away because the mask also act as gentle exfoliate on the skin.
What I don’t like : There’s nothing I don’t like or turn off about this mask because my skin got no problem when using it.
Overall rating : ★★★★
Conclusion : After use it for a few times, I found this mask as good as the price tag and the function. I never got any mask that’s give a cool sensation when I put it on the face. After I wash it off, I don’t see any yellow stain on the skin although the mask color itself is slightly yellow, so you don’t have to worry whether it’ll leave any stain on your skin.
Would I repurchased : Since I got no problem when I used on my skin, I wouldn’t mind to repurchase it in the future.